Tired of working on those dull outsourcing projects? Do features like “real time web application”, web sockets”, “real time billing”, “thousands of concurrent users”, “adaptive bitrate streaming”, “face swap” make you smile? Welcome to Streamaxia, the streaming product company, where you’ll work on developing state of the art streaming products.
Streamaxia is looking for a hands-on Senior/Architect to help design and build our applications and back-end services framework.
The ideal candidate will have a strong systems background including large-scale distributed systems, asynchronous frameworks, networking, databases and network security. In this position, you will help us design, develop, and test the core services platform.
You will own the overall distributed platform architecture and also very important, you will monitor and mentor your colleagues into writing amazing code.
In this role, you will be responsible for assembling and deploying technologies that will be used by tens of thousands of concurrent users, in a real-time system.
You will need to deploy layered security that provides moving targets for cyber threats.
We truly believe that there is more to a job than the work. Employees at Streamaxia work hard and play hard — and are passionate about what they do.
Streamaxia is a software development company highly specialized in video streaming solutions, mobile applications and technology start-up consultancy and prototyping.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience building software products from scratch; it’s essential that you have experience building products from ground-up
• Experience designing Service Oriented Platform Architectures using REST web services
• Excellent understanding and working knowledge at least one OO language (Java, C#, C++, Python, PHP etc.) with track record of delivering quality software
• Experience with PHP (mandatory)
• Experience with Web Scale architecture; strong skills in service design and service performance monitoring/tuning
• Experience developing data models, e.g. entity modeling, logical/physical modeling, etc.
• Well versed in design patterns including SOA design patterns, and Enterprise design and integration patterns
• Extensive knowledge leveraging open source frameworks and libraries
• Working knowledge of Linux at system level.
• Expertise in authoring requirements, design, architecture and technical solution documents
• Experience in database design, implementation, and optimization
• Experience designing services platform that can support both in-house developed apps as well as third party apps
• Deep understanding of various stacks such as open source stack, and cloud service offerings from providers like AWS, etc.
• Leadership skills working with Executive Staff and Engineering Teams
• Experience with storage, networking, or file systems
• Trains colleagues and develops their competence level
• Imposes strict code quality rules and personally reviews and approves code written by colleagues (Gerrit or pull requests)
• Leads by example
• Provides feedback
• Assists in definition of project deadlines and schedules.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate well with globally distributed teams (especially client-side teams)
• Experience with Agile and other rapid development methodologies
• Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of industry practices when solving business problems.
• Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets.
• Communicates with internal and external customers and management.
• Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/ sensitive information tactfully.
Benefits & Perks:
• Flexible Schedule
• Short Friday
• Cultural Activity Allowance
• Sport Allowance
• Fruit Delivery
• Pastry Delivery
• Lunch Allowance
• Medical Tests
• Tech Friday
• Book Library
• Team Buildings (minimum 2 per year, outside Cluj, with possibility of being abroad)
• an _EXTREMELY_ attractive wage, way bigger than your current one. Just try us!
This is your chance to build your career at a company that is constantly growing, innovating and delivering unique live streaming solutions. We need brains, ambition, and passion to continue driving this culture. Get the job you are bound to fall in love with — join Streamaxia!